Sunday, October 8, 2017

Go Gardening - Brandon St. Unknown Fig

I've sent closed to of the Brandon St. Unknown figs cuttings to a handful of fig growers together with at that topographic point are reports that it is the earliest ripening breba inwards their collection. Which is likely why it tin give notice ripen two crops hither inwards Seattle.

"I've never had a fig (breba) this early on inwards Lancaster...ever. It was raining today together with had been a pretty mild spring. The diversity was binbin's "Unk Brandon". Binbin has closed to actually BA unknown varieties. Anyway, despite the rain, the fig was actually sweet, slight mash together with absolutely delicious. It didn't split, together with the flavor was non diluted ( although it was my commencement 1 ever, together with hence I don't know if the flavor would hold out fifty-fifty to a greater extent than concentrated nether meliorate conditions). My immature lady idea it tasted similar a ripe strawberry, together with I'm inclined to agree. Prior to today, the commencement brebas I've had were desert manful someone monarch (June 28) together with rockaway dark-green (June 30). "

Bill from
https://www.facebook.com/offthebeatenpathnurseries/

My estimate is that this fig is from the Celeste family. What makes it stand upward out is that it holds it's Brebas together with ripens an early on Breba together with Main crop.

Which is dissimilar the other celestes that I accept here.





http://figs4funforum.websitetoolbox.com/post/first-fig-of-the-season-8568991?pid=1296311828


EmoticonEmoticon